In the seventies Elton John’s music filled up the pop air waves and one of his hits was ‘Your Song’ which in part said,
“My gift is my song, and this one's for you. And you can tell everybody this is your song. It may be quite simple, but now that it's done… I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words, how wonderful life is while you're in the world.”
This week we are talking about perhaps not 'your song', but we are focusing on 'your story'. Let’s read a little about a very interesting person in history whose name was John the Baptist.
Read Mark 1:1-8.
1. John appeared on the scene from what country and from what kind of land?
2. What was typical style of dress?
3. What was unusual about John’s diet?
4. What was John’s vocation?
Read Luke 1:13-14 and Luke 1:57-66.
5. Make five observations from these verses.
6. What were some unusual circumstances surrounding John’s birth and vocation?
7. How did these unique factors influence the kind of person John became?
This week we are going to ask a few more individuals in the group to casually share part of their life stories. We are asking each person to think about three questions.
· Who have been three special people in your life?
· What three are noteworthy events in your life?
· What are three places in your life that stand out in your mind?
Please have a leader close in prayer with special thanks for every person who has attended your Life Group today, and ask a special blessing on each person who shared their story today.
With special thanks to Group Link and the Community booklet.